Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!


Turning 30 is awesome! I had the most amazing birthday yesterday, and the celebrating isn't even over yet. I need to set the day up with a few tidbits that might help you understand the greatness of the day.
1) For about 10 years, I have been obsessed with being the absolute queen of the day on my birthday
2) I'm almost always disappointed that, in fact, the world does NOT revolve around me on August 13
3) The plan for my 30th birthday was...a park outing with my Lindsay and Cyrus and Ayla, followed by lunch...dinner at home with the fam..with other events and gathering throughout the week planned.
So, here's how the day unfolded...I woke up and Chris was in the shower getting ready for work, then I went in the bathroom and when I came out Chris and the boys were sitting on our bed with a big box all wrapped up in front of them. I was NOT expecting a present, and I certainly was not expecting ... A KEURIG coffee maker!! YAY! I had mentioned wanting one a time or two, but never thought I'd get it!! OHHH, I've been having some good coffee these past 2 days, have I mentioned I love me some coffee? Then the card said that I get the day to myself, because Chris wasn't going to work! We had been talking about my need for shopping for new clothes and that got to be my day for it!
It didn't take me long to get out of the house and be on my way for a day of shopping, lunching, maybe a movie! I got my guilty pleasure breakfast..(.DON'T JUDGE, but I love "Sausage, Egg, and Cheese McGriddles" from McD's, and it was my birthday so I indulged! )..then set out to the mall. I went to my favorite store, Ann Taylor Loft, bought a pair of jeans, a shirt and a sweater. Then went to more stores, tried on more clothes and actually enjoyed myself at the mall.
I then met my friend Courtney for lunch at Border Cantina Mexican restaurant, where she bought me lunch and a margarita...nothing like booze in the afternoon. Then I wondered through a few more stores, and headed to see what was at the theater. I ended up seeing, Mama Mia! I have this weird thing, I actually ENJOY seeing a movie by myself. But...not this one. I'm not too crazy about musicals, and I really liked the story line, AND I like Some ABBA in my life, but it was too much for me. Alone. If I had a friend sitting by me while Dancing Queen was on, I think it would've created a fun moment. Glad I saw it, but I won't see it again!
After my movie I wandered through Target and then came home. All 4 of us went to Red Robin for dinner, Levi loves it there, and it's loud enough we don't feel bad if the kids sqwak a little. It was a great dinner, and just overall one of my best birthdays ever.
I'm just narcissistic enough, that I might post pictures of my clothes...maybe even with me in them, but for now, here's a picture of my Keurig, I LOVE IT!!! Come on over and I'll make you a cup of some GOOD coffee!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Birthday!!! We miss you guys. love, Dee and Scott