Saturday, January 16, 2010

Randomings

**I hit the 17-week mark of pregnancy #3 TODAY! So far, everything is normal and we'll be finding out boy or girl on February 9! I am so excited to know, I truly have no idea. Statistically, it should be a boy, but I never liked math, so maybe I'll fail the statistics!

**Chris was in England for 6 days last week. Don't feel sorry for me, though! My mom came on Monday night and spent pretty much the whole time he was gone with us. She's so great at keeping the boys busy and giving me lots of "me" time. I loved it!! I also LOVED having Chris back home on Friday afternoon. The poor guy is pretty jet-lagged and exhausted, but we're just staying home this weekend to help get him adjusted.

**While my mom was here, I had the opportunity to have dinner with my oldest (not by years, but amount of time) friend Jill. We met at PF Chang's in Lansing and had a delicious dinner and great conversation. Jill and I went to school together from Kindergarten-graduation and have been friends since about 4th or 5th grade. (Minus 8th grade, right Jill?) It's so nice to have a friend who has traveled life with you. There is no need for long background explanations about family dynamics or why we make the choices we do, we've been there through it all together. We do not see each other much, but we have one of those wonderful friendships where we can pick up right where we left off. I love that in a friend!

**I have a confession...The Bachelor/Bachelorette shows are one of my biggest guilty pleasures. I was so excited when this new season started 2 weeks ago, you have no idea. I know the show is pretty smutty and not really great moral watching, but I love it. My love may be fading...the bachelor on this season is an airline pilot. He took one of the girls in an airplane and flew her around some snazzy scenery, while in the background, "On the Wings of Love" played...seriously?!?! Cheese, anyone? It was almost too hard to watch..I should mention that the subtitle of the season is "On the Wings of Love", it seems like they are going to play this pilot card for every thing they can...gag!

**Do you memorize bible verses? Do you have a system for doing this? It's something I've really wanted to start doing, but I've always put it off or not gotten very far with. Any suggestions or ideas on how to get started and successfully pull it off? Should I do one a month? Two a month?

**I guess that's all for now. We're enjoying a quiet Saturday at home. My jet-lagged husband is napping and so is my wild little Mason. Both of my boys were awake at 6.45 this morning...we are an 8.00 family, but I guess they didn't get the memo on that today! We kept making them go back to bed, but they never went back to sleep...grrr! Enjoy your weekend!

0 comments: