Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mama knows what mama likes

In the midst of all the cold and snowy weather, I've forgotten the few reasons that I L.O.V.E. this time of year! In the previous 2 years, I was working so hard on losing weight and getting in shape, I didn't enjoy my favorite March goodies, but this year...Bring.It.On!
Any guesses on what it is that has my taste buds all riled up?

#1

In case you live on another planet, those, my friend, are GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! My 2 favorite kinds, Samoas (I knew them as Carmel Delights in my Brownie Years) and Tagalongs (also known to me as Peanut Butter Patties). I'm so thankful these only come out once a year, otherwise I'd be in trouble!


#2.
...and this delightful little guy is a Shamrock shake from McDonald's! I love the minty goodness of this sucker and while I've had a ...ahem...FEW...of those delightful Girl Scout Cookies this year, I've yet to indulge myself with one of these bad boys. I sense one coming up in my near future, though. One time a lady in front of me at McDonald's ordered a Shamrock shake with 1/2 shamrock and 1/2 chocolate...I've not tried that before, but I can't imagine it would be a bad thing!
Happy Spring-ish! :D I'm off to have my blood sugar levels tested now ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tonya,

Got your back on the craving part but my cookie of choice is the shortbreads. Right now it is dark chocolate anything. I swear nursing makes me more hungry than being pregnant. I finally had the baby at 41 weeks 3 days!! My daughter Grayson Marie was born on February 24th. 8 pounds 7 oz just 15 minutes after I got to the hospital and only 1:45 after my first contraction. Hope number 3 goes as well for you. Keep in touch when you have a second I really enjoyed catching up with you the other day. -Mandy