Sunday, September 13, 2009

A long letter from my mind...

Dear Summer 2009,
You Rocked my socks off...and that wasn't necessarily a good thing...
You kept your hotter than hades temperatures far from us, and we enjoyed such pleasant weather all summer long, for that we are certainly grateful! Our days were filled with hanging out with so many of our great friends...

...eating lots and LOTS of ice cream, sometimes a little too fast...

...many days of silliness, laughter and smiles came along with you sweet summer of 2009...


...two lovely vacations; one to Mackinac in early July (click the link to read and see pictures about that), and a recent family get-away to Pappa Mike's in Cinncinnati and then the 4 of us went to Traverse City for a few days...

Yes, Summer of 2009, you were very, VERY good to us! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go crawl under my covers and avoid tomorrow like the plague...because, tomorrow this boy...
is leaving my little nest and heading off to pre-school, and frankly, I just don't want him to!

Sincerely,
The clingy, crying mother I never thought I'd be!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's always the parents who have the hardest time taking their kids to school. By the way, summer is officially over and we never saw you :( Let's not go through fall without a visit.

Mrs. Gray said...

Yep. I understand fully. Just wait until they fall in love and get married! Hopefully they will meet and love a wonderful young lady who you feel so special about as she calls you mother-in-law!!! (just like me, daughter-in-law!!)