Thursday, September 17, 2009

Why I love fall...part 1

Soup, it's what's for dinner! This is one of the reasons I love fall...
I love soup! To me, it's a great comfort food, and I would eat it a lot more often, if the men in my family felt like it was "manly" enough to constitute a meal..(Insert manly grunting noises here)!
I found this soup recipe at the end of last winter, and loved it, and yesterday's crisply warm-ish, fall-ish day was a perfect day to start my fall soup-fest! The recipe is from the Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast cookbook. I highly suggest you try it soon! (And let me know what you think!!)

Cheese Tortellini and Vegetable Soup
1 (14.5) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion undrained
1 (11.5oz) can condensed bean with bacon soup (cambell's) undiluted
3 Cups water
1 (16oz) pkg frozen Italian style vegetables
3/4tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. black pepper
9 oz. pkg fresh cheese tortellini (I use the Buitoni, I have used the whole wheat, but the regular is better)
1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese

Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add pasta; reduce heat to medium. Cook, partially covered, 7 minutes or until pasta and veggies are tender. Stir in cheese.
6 servings...1 1/3 cups/serving

And in case you're counting...
201 calories; 4 fat grams; 5.4 grams fiber

Enjoy!!

If you have a soup recipe that you love, share it in the comments section!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Beach Bar Tomato Soup, I'll get it to you soon!