Friday, September 4, 2009

5 years!




5 years ago today...

...I woke up with my 5 bridesmaids (my sister, 2 sister-in-laws (well, they weren't officially sister in laws until later that day), and 2 of my longest, closest friends)
...We went to Visions salon in Novi to get our hair done
...I danced in the bridal room with my Mother in law (to be)
...I clung to my dad's arm as he walked me toward my love
...I cried through most of the ceremony and did not want to let go of Chris' hand (I think I was still afraid he would change his mind)
...we rode in an old car with the top down through Brighton wearing sunglasses, and listening to strangers cheer for us
...we danced the night away at Crystal Gardens with 130 friends and family members
...we had a chauffered car take us to an airport hotel where two young boys offered to take our luggage to our room for us, since we were "just married"
...we declined
...was one of the best days of my life!!!

In the past 5 years we have...
...added 2 boys and a dog to our family
...been on 2 cruises
...upgraded cars 3 times
...painted 4 rooms
...gone to 2 different churches
...parasailed in St. Thomas
...made new friends
...lost some old friends
...fought
...made up
...laughed...laughed a lot
...played 677 documented games of cribbage
...learned to be parents
...battled through post-partum depression together


In the next 5 years we...

...will laugh...a lot...it's what we do
...will fight some more
...will make up some more
...might be able to move into a bigger house with a Yard!
...will keep figuring out this parenting thing
...hope to travel more
...will play more cribbage (and maybe, just maybe, I'll take the lead!)
...might, maybe, possibly, who knows...add to our family...maybe?
...will challenge each other to walk closer to God
...will keep falling in love...(awwwww)


Happy Anniversary, Chris! I look forward to what lies ahead for us! I love you (more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow...) :D

1 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary!!!