Monday, October 13, 2008

Reuniting

I have to admit, I have become completely addicted to Facebook. I log onto my facebook page at least 5 times a day...which is because my laptop is always on and I'm always wandering past it sneaking a few minutes at a time online.
I love Facebook because it has given me an amazing opportunity to reunite with some people I honestly thought I'd never have in my life again this side of eternity. A year after high school I spent a semester at a Bible School thats main purpose is to train missionaries for tribal missions. During that time I made some intense freindships and then when I left, as time tends to do I lost touch with those friends. Thanks to facebook, I've reunited with a few of them and been able to catch up on their lives.
A year after my semester at Bible School, I packed up my white Ford Aspire and moved to Ozark Christian College in Joplin, MO. I lived in Dennis Hall on the first floor and I was a complete spaz surrounded by the most unforgettable girls I've ever met. Thanks to Facebook these girls: Lori; Eskai; Aline; Amy; Bridget; Kim; Laura; Becky; are now in my life again. I feel like over the past year I have seen their children grow (Lori and I have 2 boys, pretty close in age to each other), prayed for them, and laughed with them over old memories.
I only spent a year at Ozark, but my life was altered because of my parents divorce during that school year, and these women...who were just Godly girls then...pulled me through an overwhelmingly difficult time. I will never forget conversations and hugs and tears as I tried to understand what on earth was happening with my family.
I have to also give a shout-out to My Space because that's how I hooked back up with Melanie, my most faithful blog reader and commenter! We went to High School together, were sandwhich artists at Subway together, and I held a secret grudge against her because I was convinced she wanted my boyfriend and our fellow sandwhich artist Brian! (Sorry, Mel, the grudge is long-gone, but I figured it would add interest to our story :D ) Melanie is getting ready to have her 2nd son any week, so pray for her as you read this!
Anyway, I am now hoping to be able to actually see and laugh with these girls again really soon, and watch our kids enjoy each other and remember some of the craziness we shared. When that happens, It'll all be because of Facebook and Myspace...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You crack me up! I just recently got aquainted with facebook too. I have added you as a friend -- you'll have to confirm. :) You are awesome and I am so glad that I get to reconnect with you on these pages. However . . . I do not have the internet at home so after next week, I probably won't be online as much to comment on your blogs. But keep 'em coming. I will totally catch up on them when I go visit my parents. :)

Mike, Eskai, Sarai and Jadon said...

Okay so now I'm crying! I am also thankful for my crazy facebook addiction :-) You were in my thoughts often these past 9 years and I'm so thrilled to have found you again! So when are we going to plan a get together? :-) Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

yep, I'm addicted to facebook too! such a great way to have a "life" while stuck at home all day :)
so glad I found you again too!
Bethany