Saturday, October 4, 2008

A NEW kind of Friday Night Fun!




It wasn't all that long ago that I was determined to have weekends filled with going out with friends, having friends over, or going to friends houses. Then...came my family! While I still REALLY enjoy nurturing our amazing friendships, I am learning to enjoy our family time so much more.
This last Friday we let Levi stay up past 8:00, Chris lit a fire and the 3 of us shared popcorn and played Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. It was so cozy, so peaceful, and so much FUN!
Times like this are when I really feel God's ACTIVE presence in my life. While we were all sprawled out on the floor I could just hear God saying.."I love you so much, I heard your prayers, knew your dreams, read your diaries...and while in YOUR time it took a while to get here, my timing was perfect..and all of this...because I LOVE YOU!"
Here are some pictures of our game night! And since Mason was in bed, but not to leave him out, I included a picture of him too!

3 comments:

Mike, Eskai, Sarai and Jadon said...

Ah! How much fun! We did something similar on Friday night too and decided to set up a pizza picnic on the floor in the family room and watch The Fox and the Hound together. Sarai loved it and we had so much fun just being a family. I think we will make it a monthly tradition :-)

Melanie said...

That is so awesome! I know exactly what you are talking about and love the feeling of family and being loved! Oh good times!

Melanie said...

Question! I am starting to get really nervous about bringing home baby boy number 2. How did Levi adjust to Mason? Was it right away? Did he resent him? How did it all work out? Send me a message on Myspace when you get a chance. Thanks!