Monday, August 3, 2009

Thankful

Tonight I'm thankful for....

this sweet face...
...and this one


....and this one..


These three boys...errr...2 boys and one man are 3 of my biggest answered prayers. I was one of those girls that just wanted to be a "wife and a mom", and sometimes it just baffles me that God not only answered my prayers but he did so in a way that exceeded my biggest dreams and hopes for a family.
I have a wonderful husband, truly wonderful. He is faithful, compassionate, aware of my needs, a provider, protector, encourager and my lover...wooo, is it getting warm in here or is it just me???
With all my heart I wanted to be a mom, and God saw fit to bless us with Levi in a much earlier time frame than we would have planned, but as always, His timing was perfect. Levi is healthy, funny, playful, physical (we're trying to turn that one into a positive trait), a prayer who loves to talk to Jesus, a thinker and quite the storyteller.
Mason came along and when we thought there was no way we could have MORE love to give than what we were giving Levi, Mason's arrival proved us wrong. Mason is healthy, sensitive, a cuddler, emotionally expressive, funny, obsessed with his big brother and equally obsessed with cars (toy cars, cars that drive by, his daddy's car).
I know life can be tough, trust me, I've been there and I'm sure I'll be there again. But man, is it also so sweet! I don't know where you are in your life right now, but if you're struggling with something, feeling like life sucks or just plain down, I encourage you to look at what's good in your life. Maybe your spouse and kids are bringing you down (Hey, been there, too) or maybe you're feeling lonely and wishing for someone to appreciate you. Go find something that makes you realize how sweet life is. Go to a park and take in the beauty that's just there; call your mom, dad, brother, sister just because; pray and ask God to show you a glimpse of HIS love, I can pretty much promise, if you ask Him and you're looking, He will show you!!
If you are feeling down and/or struggling with something, I would love to pray for you. You can e-mail me at tonyagray813@gmail.com, and/ or leave a comment here and I promise to pray for you!

2 comments:

Robin Whitted said...

You are such a sweetie! I just love your heart! I am so thankful for my life and blessings as well! Thank you for reminding me ! :)

mrs.gray said...

What a blessing of a daughter-in- law you are! A woman who really knows what is important in life!! Not the 'corporate' world. Not the 'accumulation of thousands of possessions' world. But a woman who already has the knowledge of the true meaning of a life filled with blessings many times over. You have a very nice way of arranging your thoughts and sharing them with us.