Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mason Crawls, Swear Police and Potty Success

Here is a video of Mason crawling, in case you'd like to see my prodigy at work :D (I am SO becoming one of THOSE parents)
We have been in the process of teaching Levi that there are words that he can't say. We reached this phase one night when at dinner he said "Darn it", followed by "Crap", followed by "Shut Up". All my words...lovely. Of all the profound things that come out of my mouth on a daily basis, Levi picks up those words. Nice. Anyway, we went through the spiel, you don't say those words, only happy words, blah blah blah. Since then he is quick to let you know if you say one of those words, "Mommy (or whomever else is talking) don't say that word, only happy words." Yesterday, King of Queens was on the TV and Carrie used the word "crap". Levi stopped doodling on his magna-doodle, looked up and said, "TV don't say that word, only happy words, TV". Off went the TV. It was so funny!
Today we took a trip to Target and bought Levi a Potty Chair (which he calls a "potty train" and big boy underwear). Oh, and a big bag of M&M's for reward. He's never sat on the toilet or anything before, and so far today he's gone pooped twice...*OH, I just cringed...I AM one of THOSE PARENTS, blogging about my child's bowel movements* (Oddly enough, I'm not deleting)!

1 comments:

mrs.gray said...

We have the most sweet grandchildren in the world!!!