Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures

You know those things that just make your heart dance? Those small gestures, gifts, moments that leave you feeling secure, loved, cozy? What are they? What are your simple pleasures? Kelly at Kelly's Korner posted about this yesterday and I've come up with a few of my own simple pleasures...

1. A Starbucks peppermint mocha on the day of the first snowfall
2. An unexpected, unprompted "I love you mama"
3. REAL mail! A card, a note, a check..I'm not picky, ANYTHING with real handwriting on it :D
4. A surprise phone call from a distant friend
5. Hearing these elusive words at the dinner table: "wow, honey (or mom) this dinner is really good!"
6. Christmas
7. Clean sheets on a tightly made bed
8. Empty laundry baskets and and empty washer/dryer
9. Vacuum lines on the carpet
10. Long conversations with friends
11. Stolen kisses w/ my man!
12. Laughing till it hurts
13. Re-connecting with a friend I've not been in touch with for a while and feeling like no time has passed
14. A good book!
15. BLOG COMMENTS :)

So, do you agree with me on any of these? Are yours completely different? Share...

3 comments:

Mike, Eskai, Sarai and Jadon said...

Can I ditto on all 15!! If I added one it would be watching my baby sleep :-) And the beauty of newly fallen snow. Thanks for reminding me it's about the little things in life.

Johanna said...

Vacuum lines on a carpet. Interesting. I like how you throw for a loop once and a while.

Gina said...

Very good list Tonya! I love 1 but for me it would be a caramel macchiatto, or however you spell that! And I would definitely have to add the first time I can wear shorts and flip flops outside!